The page you are looking for has been moved. To read our information about the warning signs and treatment of gum disease, plase see our gum disease page.
Meanwhile, you may want to note some of the warning signs of gum disease:
- Gums that bleed easily. Gums aren’t supposed to bleed.
- Are your gums red, swollen or tender?
- If your gums seem to have pulled away from your teeth, that isn’t good.
- Pus between the teeth and gingivae when the gingivae are pressed is a sign of a periodontal abscess, and could indicate a fairly advanced stage of gum disease.
- Permanent teeth that are loose or separating. By the time the teeth get loose, it could be too late to do much.
(source – American Dental Association)