We get a lot of questions about cosmetic dentistry from our visitors. Click here if you’d like to ask Dr. Hall a question.
You may also want to visit our cosmetic dentistry blog for answers to questions asked by visitors.
Here are some of the cosmetic dentistry questions from visitors to this site:
Questions about porcelain veneers:
- Can I whiten my porcelain veneers?
- Can any dentist do Lumineers?
- How much do porcelain veneers cost?
- I’m getting stains on the edges of my porcelain veneers. What should I do?
- What to do about general staining of porcelain veneers.
- I’ve noticed that with some veneers there is a discoloration of the gums around the veneers. Is this common? Are we likely to get discoloration of the gums around Lumineers?
- There is an awful smell coming from between my porcelain veneers. What is this?
- My teeth are too small. Will porcelain veneers fix this?
- I got four porcelain veneers, but they look fake. Can I demand my money back?
- How much do lumineers cost?
- I’m missing some front teeth. If I get dental implants combined with porcelain veneers, will they match?
- Four months after getting them, one of my Lumineers has cracked, another has stain, and the color isn’t white enough. What should I do?
- I have porcelain veneers and one of the teeth is just starting to get very sensitive to cold and hot. Is it possible to get a cavity with veneers?
Questions about whitening or bleaching:
- What about over-the-counter bleaching products. Do they work?
- How good are Crest Whitestrips for whitening?
- What whitening toothpaste do you recommend for my teeth?
- Can I whiten my teeth while I’m pregnant or nursing?
- My teeth have tetracycline stain. Can I bleach them?
- I have bonding over my tetracycline stains. What should I do?
- My teeth are becoming very sensitive while I’m bleaching. What should I do?
- I have a crown on a front tooth. Can I still whiten my teeth?
- Will my teeth stay the same bright white color, or will I have discolored teeth again as I get older?
Questions about porcelain crowns
- What is a porcelain crown?
- How much do porcelain crowns cost?
- Should I have an all porcelain crown or a porcelain fused to metal crown on my front tooth?
General cosmetic dentistry questions:
- How should I have my tetracycline stains treated?
- I am getting tooth stains from coffee and tobacco. What should I do?
- What are porcelain onlays?
- Can you find me a cosmetic dentist who participates in my dental insurance network?
- My dentist prescribed Peridex mouth rinse for my gum disease, but it has turned my teeth brown. Is there any treatment for this?
- I have “black triangles” between my teeth. How can those be fixed?
- My dentist wants to do gum contouring. Is this necessary? And what’s the difference between that and crown lengthening?
- I have a large tooth gap. What’s the best way to fix that?
Questions about white fillings and amalgam fillings:
- How much should white fillings cost?
- Question: my dentist wants to put a composite filling over my amalgam filling rather than replace it completely with an entire white filling. Is this a good idea?
- A patient’s bad experience with pain after getting white fillings. This underscores the importance of a properly trained dentist for white fillings.
Miscellaneous questions (bonding and other questions):
- I have a broken front tooth, and it looks pretty bad. Do I have to have a porcelain crown, or will tooth bonding work?
- My dentist lengthened my lateral incisors, but the bonding material is too translucent. Will a real cosmetic dentist fix this?
- I need some bonding work done but I’m pregnant. Can I still do it?
- Am I too young for tooth bonding?
- I don’t like my porcelain veneers and want them replaced with composite veneers. Can I do that? And what do you recommend?
Click here if you’d like to ask Dr. Hall a question.
More answers come all the time. Check page two of frequently asked questions about cosmetic dentistry. Also check our page of general dentistry questions.
This content was written by Dr. David Hall.