A lot of our visitors ask us questions about cosmetic dentistry. Click here if you’d like to ask Dr. Hall a question. Here is page two of a selection of cosmetic dentistry questions from visitors to this site:
Questions relating to porcelain veneers:
- Should I get porcelain veneers, or should I just have my teeth whitened?
- I have stains on the backs of my teeth. Can Lumineers cover the backs of my teeth, or do they cover the fronts only?
- I made the costly investment to have a new smile, and when I had the try-in, the Lumineers were too bulky. The dentist thinks they’re fine, but they’re so big and bulbous, I went out of the office in tears. What can I do now?
- I have heard that MAC veneers are the best looking available. Should I tell my dentist that this is what I want?
- What about DaVinci veneers? They talk about them on ABCs Extreme Makeover.
- GlamSmile is a newly introduced technique that claims to be very cost-efficient. Dr. Hall has some very specific concerns with the technique.
Questions about tooth whitening:
- I need fillings on my front teeth and so I want tooth whitening and fillings. How should my dentist do that?
- I have a discolored tooth from a root canal that was done 15 years ago. What can be done to make that one the same color as my other front teeth?
- What can you tell me about tooth whitening relapse? Are whitening treatments permanent?
Questions about all porcelain crowns:
- I am told that porcelain crowns, including Procera and Empress, will eventually have a dark line at the gumline. Is this true?
- Is it too much to expect my cosmetic dentist to get a perfect match for my front tooth porcelain crown? I’ve been through six crowns and it still doesn’t look right.
- How about Zirconia crowns? Do these crowns look natural or fake?
Questions about white fillings:
- My dentist, who is also a prosthodontist, says my molar should have a silver filling or crown. I want a white filling. Should I listen to your website or listen to him?
Miscellaneous questions (about tooth bonding and other matters):
- My daughter has a porcelain and metal crown on her front tooth and now has a chipped porcelain crown. Our dentist said that if he repaired it with composite, it would look gray and it probably wouldn’t stick. Is there any way to fix this so it looks better?
- Our dentist wants to use microabrasion to fix the white spots on my daughter’s front teeth. Is this a good idea?
- A question about erosion of the enamel on the inside of the teeth. Dr. Hall explains that this is a consequence of bulimia.
- I asked my dentist to do an ovate pontic for my dental bridge, but he says the ovate pontic technique, where the false tooth is made to look like it is growing out of the gum, can only be used when there is a freshly extracted tooth. Is that true?
- A visitor asks about wedding cosmetic dentistry – how to get a new smile quickly, if time is a big issue. Direct tooth bonding is the answer, and Dr. Hall answers, showing some photos of a wedding case.
Click here to ask Dr. Hall a question.
Page one of cosmetic dentistry questions.
More answers coming. Check back with this page as we continue to expand it. We also have a page of general dentistry questions.